Another exciting syndication investment opportunity has presented itself! The investment is a retail center in Forney, TX, which is a suburb east of Dallas. Forney experienced 200 percent growth from 2000 to 2010 and is expected to continue to grow 5 percent per year. Real estate broker Steve Fithian and Tom K. Wilson of Wilson Investment Properties are the managing partners and promoters of this investment opportunity.
- 3.53 acre site in Kaufmann County, TX
- Developed with a 14 unit, 31,160 sq ft retail center in a high traffic location
- Located on U.S. Hwy 80, one mile away from a Walmart Super Center, Lowes, Kroger Marketplace and the Lakepoint Medical Center
We like this property for its upside potential:
- It’s located in the “Path of Progress.” Forney experienced 200% population growth from 2000 to 2010 and is expected to continue growing 5.0% per year.
- There’s upside in leases. 10% of the center is available for future tenants.
- There’s upside in rents. Rents are currently low at $15.10 per square foot.
- Option to Sub-Divide: The two buildings are deeded as separate lots and can be sold separately.
Deal at a Glance
Accredited Investors Only
Minimum Buy-In: Only $50K
Cap Rate: 8.2%
Projected IRR: 12.0%
Planned Hold: 4 years
Purchase Price: $4,425,000
Investor Equity: $1,550,000
Loan Amount: $3,318,750
Debt Coverage Ratio: 1.48
Syndication / group investing has many advantages:
- Enables an investor to participate in larger and higher quality investments
- Utilizes the syndicator’s ability to find the best products at the best value
- Utilizes the syndicator’s ability to get the best loans
- Reduces the investor’s risk
- Distributes the investment risk
- Utilizes the syndicator’s ability and experience to manage the acquisition and product throughout the investment hold period.
Why invest in Dallas / Fort Worth?
- Highest employment growth rate in the country
- Business friendly, broad-based economy
- Home to 38 Fortune 1,000 companies
- Fourth busiest airport in the world
- Provides affordable housing
- Texas is the only state to be energy independent and is financially the strongest government of all the large economy states
The managing partners and promoters of this investment opportunity are Steve Fithian and Tom K. Wilson with a combined 70 years of real estate experience. For more information about this investment, contact Steve Fithian at 817-288-5524.
About Steve Fithian:
Steve Fithian has over 25 years of commercial real estate experience, and owns Sperry Van Ness / Visions Commercial, Visions Realty & Investments and Frontline Property Management. He is the general manager in multiple property partnerships, and specializes in selling & overseeing investment property sales that include multifamily, mini-warehouse, office, retail, undeveloped land and finished lots. He is a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), and former chairperson on the North Texas Chapter CCIM Membership Committee. In addition, he is a current member of the Texas Association of Realtors & past member of the California Association of Realtors. He was the recipient of the 2002 Commercial Transaction of the Year Award, presented by the Texas Association of Realtors and the 2008 Commercial Realtor of the Year Award, presented by the Society of Commercial Realtors.
About Tom K. Wilson:
Tom K. Wilson has over 30 years experience as a Silicon Valley high tech, manager & entrepreneur. He was the VP of two start up companies, and has been a real estate investor for 40 years. He founded Wilson Investment Properties, Inc. in 2006, and has been involved in locating over 400 income-producing properties for investors. He has a BS in electrical engineering from the University of Delaware.
Sperry Van Ness is not a party to this syndication.